P R E P A R E D N E S S . . .
WHAT CAN I DO NOW?
• Have you prepared your property the best you can in case of fire? Click on the useful LINKS below to get more information.
• One of the most important steps you can do before
an emergency is make sure you are in our
ORACLE EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM (ENS).
• Check out our Evacuation Map by clicking HERE or
at the right to locate your residence in reference to the areas shown.
• Be Ready! Have an Evacuation Kit in case you need to leave quickly. Here's a LIST of information that may help.
THE ENS SYSTEM . . .
You can't afford not to be on this list for emergency notifications. Click to go to the ENS Form and be sure to get any additional numbers (besides your landline) in the system by filling it out and returning it to Oracle Fire District. Just drop it by the fire station.
HOME ALONE ENS EARLY WARNING SYSTEM . . .
If you are in need of an earlier warning to evacuate due to your health or to relocate animals and livestock, you can be in a special group that gets ENS warnings ahead of the general public. Here's a LIST of information that may help you.
FIRE, HOME & LIFE SAFETY . . .
Check out these OFD links for more information:
• ORACLE BRUSH DUMP
• BURN PERMITS
• HOME SAFETY ASSESSMENT
• LOCK BOXES & HOME ALONE
ONLINE LINKS FOR EVACUATION INFORMATiON:
Here are some links and documents that will help you find the information you need:
• Ready, Set, Go - Information on One Less Spark, One Less Wildfire.
• How to Have a Firewise Home (606kB)
• Living with Wildfire (3.5MB)
• FEMA Evacuation Checklist (123kB)
• One Less Spark (Poster) (2MB)
• Newsletter - SUMMER
• EQUINE & LIVESTOCK EVAC PREP - Link to Video on youtube – Wildfire preparedness tips from a firefighter, veterinarian and ranch owner called "Saving the Ranch."